BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just thinking

You ever feel like you want to just run away? Not forever or even a long period of time, just for a day, or even and hour or two. Lately I have been feeling like that.

The other night I just had to get out, I asked Joe to put Melody to sleep, and I took off. I didn't go far, just to target for an hour or so, then I just drove for a little while. I have come to a point in life where I really appreciate alone time. I never thought that would happen. I mean, I was pretty much alone my teenage years. Not that I'm feeling sorry for myself or anything, I had friends and family that came around, but for the most part I was alone. I hated going anywhere by myself, I would call friends just to go get gas with me. It's like I had to have people around me as often as I could. Now it's almost the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with family and friends, but I really cherish my "Me time" now.

I wish I had my friends from high school back. Yes, I have friends now, but once your married you separate from those who are in different stages of life than you. I have no close friends to call in the middle of the night just to ask if they want to go on a drive with me anymore. Yes, I know your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, and your supposed to be able to tell them anything, yada, yada, yada. Really? I love my husband to death, but talking to him isn't the same as talking to a girlfriend. It's just not. Sometimes you need someone outside of the relationship to talk to. I talk to my family alot, but come one! They're my family. We all get tired of each other. lol

I guess I just wish some people didn't change, or outgrow others. I don't know, guess I'm in kind of a tough spot in life right now. I guess I just need to suck it up, and ride it out. Same ol' same ol'. Nothing else I can really do at this point.

2 comments:

sarrah d said...

I know wjat you mean. I'm pretty all us over worked mothers have those days. In fact I am vegging at home right now. I sent Caleb and wyatt away so that I just might regain some of my sanity. :)

Heather said...

Lucky. I wish Joe understood. I don't think ill ever regain my sanity back, but when it seems like its coming back it disappears even faster. I think im losing it.